Saturday, November 22, 2008

A first for me: the beach in November

While California is known for having wonderful weather, it's been an unusual November, at least in my neck of the woods. Last weekend was so nice, Tiff and I went with some friends to the beach. In November! And not all bundled up. And while not quite as warm, it's another nice sunny weekend again so far. I for one am quite pleased about this.

I don't enjoy rain or cold, and wish it would leave almost as soon as it appears. I long for the summer before it's even winter yet. My mood is very visibly affected by seasons, generally being much lower energy in the winter months. That's probably completely normal, I don't know. Or at least, quite common.

So right now, in this unusually warm November, I'm a happy, happy guy.

1 comment:

  1. it's a good thing you don't live in the pacific northwest!

    The winters in Portland are very grey and rainy, all day and almost every day for up to five months out of the year (october-february)!

    but i am one who does not mind the grey skies and rain.... my favourite time of the year has to be Fall, the changing colors of the leaves, the cool crispness to the air, the smells..... HALLOWEEN! but i'm glad to know that you are having sunny and warm days in your little corner of the earth, enough to keep you happy and smiling!

    ReplyDelete