Tuesday, November 18, 2008

days with my father

Occasionally, I'll point out someone else's blog or website which i feel is worthy of a look. This would be one of those times.

'days with my father' is a really well done, bitter-sweet photo journal of artist Phillip Toledano's 98 year old F
ather in his final years. The photography is really beautiful and unique, and the story is one that has you alternating between laughter and tears.

The elder Toledano has a
condition that has left him with no short-term memory, and so he does not recall that his wife died in 2006, though his son has told him this time after time.

Each page is one large photo, many of them with accompanying text. The copy gives us glimpses into the father's life, as well as the efforts that Phillip has to make as a result of his Father's condition.

It doesn't take long to get through, as it's only about 38 pages, but I found myself taking my time be
cause it just seemed like there was so much to take in with each page, even if what I was taking in was not actually visible, but rather, a mood. Here's the link to view it (and some sample pictures from it):

http://www.dayswithmyfather.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment